Saturday, October 17, 2009

My audition for Detective Roebuck in Chop

Well I had my audition for that detective role in the movie ... Chop. I had a good read. I had fun. When I audition for a detective role I usually like to wear my over the shoulder or side gun holster with my gun (not a real gun, of course) and my handcuffs and badge but I was a bit apprehensive wearing the gun at this audition because the audition was in a business building (versus a studio lot), and I think it was inappropriate of me to carry the gun onto the premises...but I wanted to completely sell myself...so I struggled, mentally in my car after I parked, deciding if I should bring the gun. I decided not to. Before I headed to the audition suite, I stopped by a medical clinic on the first level off the building to borrow a stapler so that I can staple my resume onto my headshot(DUH Keith, you weren't prepared). After getting permission from the cutie behind the counter, and as I reached over for the stapler, I noticed a woman standing in an office in the back looking at me with concern. I think she saw my handcuffs and gun holster. So I jumped over the counter and pistol whipped both the cutie and the woman in the back office, then I snatched their purses and jumped back over the counter...oh, what, sorry, I'm losing it...I didn't do those things, I just thanked the cutie for the stapler, and walked off very slowly in my detective with bad news bravdo.

I headed upstairs to the audition. There stood a very attractive actress waiting for her turn to audition. Finally it was my turn. They seem to appreciate how I look. I had a good read. Mission accomplish. Hope I get it. I would be sweet!!!