Saturday, September 24, 2011

San Francisco Comedy Competition - 3rd show

The top 5 for Lodi:

AJ Finney
Kevin Shea
John Hastings
Mike Stanley
Stroy Moyd

Kevin finally placed. He is definitely my favorite! I saw most of the show last night. WOW!! We have 16 strong comedians. It's fun to sit back and see each one of them do their thang on stage. I went up first so I was able to relax and enjoy the rest of the show. It's fun to see these guys and one gal how fun off stage and chill and then see them come on stage and do what they do. Different styles, different voices. You see talented peeps who have obviously worked a lot on their acts. Competitions are tough because if you don't win or place the tendency is to think, what did I do wrong or the judges are not fair, or some other reason. Sometimes you just don't know why but after seeing last nights show I realize we are all very good and what ever happens will happen, so I am enjoying my time and hoping to learn from some of these other comedians. Both AJ Finney and John Hastings have placed in all three shows; this is extremely impressive especially considering that each show has different judges.

Well two more shows to go. Tonight we are in the heart of San Fran at Marsh Theater. If you are in the city, you might want to check it out. It's gonna be a guaranteed throw down!!