Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Silent Shot (not so silent)


Last night, I was hanging with my old childhood friend Michael Miller at Universal City Ripoff Walk ($25 for valet parking????) and we stopped at Howl at the Moon for drinks. We walked into some sort of battle of the bands. After several drinks a metal band, Silent Shot took the stage. Surprisingly I enjoyed listening to them. You know I couldn't hear most of their lyrics but I fully enjoyed their intensity, sincere rawness. It woke me up and made me feel alive. Four guys having fun, loving their music, totally lost in their music, mind, body and soul, pounding their heads; primal. They will be back on September 19th. I believe that there is a $5 cover and show starts at 8pm. But call to confirm. I'm gonna try to catch them.

"Fat Shit" was one of my favorites selections.

http://www.myspace.com/silentshotmusic/music

They are on Facebook

Address:
Howl at the Moon
Universal City Walk Universal City, CA 91604
(818) 755-9970