Monday, September 6, 2010

Allison Breen, Willis Turner, Cary Tobaben, Charles Jaffee and John Henry

At the last minute Dave McNary asked me to fill as the MC last night. We had a rather nice turnout and some very impressive comics. Allison Breen, hmm, don't recall if I have worked with her before. She is funny and clever, a comedian with substance. Well, let me not get ahead of myself. After I opened, John Henry from Chicago hit the stage. Definitely a thinker and has the potential to be one of those guys behind the scene in comedy TV projects; one of those executive producers that most folks don't know. I do hope he attracts the right attention out here in Hollyweird. Willis Turner hit the stage a little later and ripped it. Man, he is very funny and totally committed. He gives the audience 100+ %. He was worth the price of admission, all by himself. Another Ice House regular followed, Cary Tobaben, and he was received well. He has great stage presence and he performed some new material -- way cool. Then Charles Jaffee hit the stage. He has an opening bit that is brilliant. He then followed with another brilliant routine, where he narrates a boxing match between Jesus Christ and Satan. Then Allison Breen graced the stage and she had a solid set. She was one of my two favorites last night. The other was Willis Turner. My boy Robert Murray had some good material. So did Todd Basil and Sean Munley. Kenny McClain closed the night. Love this guy's delivery. He has a story telling type of feel, and he is very funny. Wow, it was a good night!!